RPCD.CO RRB.RCB.AML.No. 311/03.05.28(A)/2012-13
July 11, 2012
The Chairmen/ CEOs of all State and Central Co-operative Banks and Regional Rural Banks
Implementation of Section 51-A of UAPA, 1967-
Updates of the UNSCR 1988 (2011) Sanctions List
Please refer to our circular RPCD.CO.RRB.RCB.No.13187/07.02.12/2011-12 dated June 19, 2012. We have since received from Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs, UNP Division copies of notes dated June 27, 2012 and July 2, 2012 (copies enclosed) forwarded by the Chairman of UN Security Council's 1988 (2011) Committee regarding changes made in the “1988 Sanctions List”, i.e. list of Individuals and entities linked to Taliban, as detailed in the enclosed notes.
2. All State and Central Co-operative Banks and Regional Rural Banks are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by the Reserve Bank and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, Banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
3. Banks are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular RPCD.CO.RF.AML. BC. No. 34/07.40.00/ 2009-10 dated October 29, 2009 and RPCD.CO.RRB.No.39/03.05.33 (E)/2009-10 dated November 05, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
4. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action shouldbe taken as detailed in paragraph6 of the circulars referred to in paragraph 3 above.
5. The complete details of the said list are available on the UN website:
6. Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this letter to our Regional Office concerned.
Encls: as above