UBD.BPD (PCB) Cir.No.35/14.01.062/2011-12
May 30, 2012
The Chief Executive Officer of
All Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks
Implementation of Section 51-A of UAPA, 1967- Updates of the UNSCR 1988 (2011) Sanctions List – Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks
Please refer to our circular UBD.CO.BPD (PCB) Cir. No.20/14.01.062/2011-12 dated March 01, 2012. We have since received from Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs, UNP Division copies of notes forwarded by the Chairman of UN Security Council’s 1988 Committee (copies enclosed) regarding changes made in the ‘1988 Sanctions List’, i.e. list of individuals and entities linked to Taliban, as detailed below:
- Note dated July 5, 2011 (Annex I)
- Note dated July 18, 2011 (Annex II)
- Note dated July 29, 2011 (Annex III)
- Note dated August 16, 2011 (Annex IV)
- Note dated October 4, 2011 (Annex V)
- Note dated November 29, 2011 (Annex VI)
- Note dated January 6, 2012 (Annex VII)
- Note dated February 14, 2012 (Annex VIII)
2. Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by the Reserve Bank and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
3. Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular UBD.CO.BPD. PCB.Cir. No. 21/12.05.001/2009-10 dated November 16, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
4. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 7 of the circular dated November 16, 2009, mentioned above.
5. The Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this circular to the Regional Office concerned.
(M. Nanda Kumar)
Encl: As above