UBD.BPD (PCB) Cir. No.38/14.01.062/2011-12
June 01, 2012
The Chief Executive Officer of
All Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks
Implementation of Section 51-A of UAPA, 1967- Updates of the UNSCR 1988 (2011) Sanctions List – Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks
Please refer to our circular UBD.CO.BPD (PCB) Cir. No.35/14.01.062/2011-12 dated May 30, 2012. We have since received from Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs, UNP Division copies of notes dated March 02, 2012, March 19, 2012 and May 18, 2012 (copies enclosed) forwarded by the Chairman of UN Security Council’s 1988 Committee regarding changes made in the ‘1988 Sanctions List’, i.e. list of individuals and entities linked to Taliban, as detailed in the enclosed notes.
2. Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by the Reserve Bank and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
3. Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular UBD.CO.BPD. PCB.Cir. No. 21/12.05.001/2009-10 dated November 16, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
4. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 7 of the circular dated November 16, 2009, mentioned above.
5. The complete details of the said list are available on the UN website:
6. The Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this circular to the Regional Office concerned.
Deputy General Manager
Encl: As above